In September 2011 Noah brought PARK(ing) Day — a globally celebrated event — to the streets of downtown Dallas for the first time. Working with a team of volunteers, businesses and city officials, the grassroots movement temporarily transformed on-street parking into creative areas for performance and demonstration. 35 installations were created throughout the downtown area, challenging the idea of public space and creating a community gathering place for downtown visitors, residents and organizations.
Excitement continued to grow during 2012 with a speaking engagement by Noah at Pecha Kucha Night Dallas, and in September the second annual PARK(ing) Day Dallas featured 50+ installations. The successful event received greater interest from outside the Dallas region and proves to be a popular way for local citizens to take an active role in community development.
Noah has also spoken at Confab: A Dallas Parks Foundation Conversation and is available to speak to your group about PARK(ing) Day.
- “Global Pop-Up Park Event Highlights the Value of Urban Green Space” National Recreation and Park Association. 09/26/12. By Danielle Taylor
- “How You Can Participate in PARK(ing) Day Dallas” Good Morning Texas. 09/10/12. By Laura Mazol
- “PARKing Day Dallas” You + Dallas Media
- “Dallas Turning Parking Spaces Into Parks” NewsRadio 1080 KRLD. 09/16/11. By Steven Pickering
- “Volunteers transform downtown Dallas parking spaces into urban oases” Dallas Morning News. 09/16/11. By Ashley Withers